Monday 18 June 2012

How it all started.

The best place to start is with the beginning. 

Last November I had a coil fitted. I had been on the pill for a while and decided it was time for a change so off I went and got my coil fitted and I was to return in 6 weeks to get it checked. 6 weeks.. or maybe about 12 weeks (whoops) later, I went to get my coil checked. Me and my boyfriend had just had a small break up, it lasted a few days and then we were back together. But, since we had got back together I had pain and itching 'down there'. All I could think was 'That swines went out and slept with someone else and given me an STD'. I knew when I got my coil checked the doctor would pick up on in so I went almost certain that I had a STD. The doctor checked my coil, said everything looked fine all the usual chat from the gyn doctor. I got dressed put my clothes back on, and then she sat me down. 
"I noticed that you seem quite irritated down below" she said, and all I could think was 'Here it comes, STD!!' and then she told me I think you have a skin condition, it's called Lichen Sclerosis. Que me looking very confused and shocked. 
A SKIN CONDITION, DOWN THERE? Like eczema?? SAY WHAT?! I don't think confused even begins to cover it. 
The doctor gave me a card with the name of this skin condition on it and said to Google it when I got home. She gave me a tube of cream and told me to use a pea sized amount, morning and night, every day and to avoid using soaps, and then sent me on my way. And so my story begins. 

4 comments:

  1. Now that rings a bell ... for years I have been told it looks 'rather red' 'down there' but I dismissed it - no problems really, occasional bout of thrush, that was all. So has this 'thing' been just waiting for a chance to pop up? Hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free treatment for those who qualify for this research project for the treatment of Lichen Sclerosus. Go to this website: www.LichenSclerosusTreatment.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free treatment for those who qualify for this research project for the treatment of Lichen Sclerosus. Go to this website: www.LichenSclerosusTreatment.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free treatment for those who qualify for this research project for the treatment of Lichen Sclerosus. Go to this website: www.LichenSclerosusTreatment.com

    ReplyDelete